Monday, April 4, 2011

Alchemy (n. al-kuh-mee)

The practice of procedures designed to turn base metals into noble metals
Or possibly to find the elixir of everlasting life.
Or to create a substance that any and everything will dissolve in?
Or an unenlightened proto-science...
Or a religion come philosophy of personal transmutation.
Or you get the idea.  Alchemy is confusing & secretive but also surprisingly accessible - there are very few alchemical procedures that would be impossible for a committed hobbyist, provided they wanted to work for two months & end up with a vial of sulphuric acid.
      Personally, I'm a hands on learner, so I'm trying to concentrate on Alchemy I can practice & use - procedures to create medicine, food, or other useful supplies. I'll be posting here as a journal of my research, a reference for recipes, & eventually a record of my experiences traveling across the United States!

Yours truly,
- Professor Rabbitfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment